This was pulled from the The Barclay’s website… At least you can bring your phone this year, last time around the Open – it was a no phone policy.
- NO cameras or camcorders (other than Tuesday and Wednesday for personal photographic use only and without their case)
- NO bags larger than 6″x6″x6″ in their natural state
- NO cases or covers (such as chair or umbrella covers)
- NO signs, posters or banners
- NO television or radios
- NO food or beverages
- NO containers or coolers
- NO pets
- NO bicycles
- NO ladders
Mobile Device Policy Implementation Overview
- Code of Conduct – Spectator Communications and Policy Activation
- All Tournament patrons will be permitted to gain admittance to PGA TOUR events with their mobile devices by entering at designated checkpoints.
- Patrons will be instructed to place their mobile devices on silent mode via a video or a volunteer voicing the policy on shuttles and by security staff at the entrances.
- Patrons will be instructed to limit their verbal communication on phones to designated cell phone zones on the course.
- Patrons who disrupt play by using a mobile device in any manner and/or those who do not obey the designated cell phone use areas may be subject to mobile device confiscation (at such patron’s risk for loss or damage) and/or ejection from the tournament.
- Violation of Code of Conduct:
- Violations of this policy may result in removal from the tournament.
- At a minimum, violators of the policy may have their devices confiscated at the patron’s risk until his/her departure.
Mobile Device Policy
- What Defines a mobile device?
- A device that can Send/Receive Calls and/or
- A device that can Send/Receive Data
- What is the policy?
- Device must be on silent at all times
- Calls may be placed or received in TOUR approved “designated areas” only
- Designated areas are called “cell phone zones”
- Audio, Video and Photography policies are unchanged
- No audio or video capture is permitted at any time
- No still photography is permitted at any time during competition rounds
- Permissible data transfer will be consistent with current media regulations
- Data use (e.g. texting, email, etc.) will be permitted outside of the designated areas
- Data use is not permitted when players are in position to compete (i.e., when QUIET PLEASE paddles are raised)
NO Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives)